18 April 2006

Concerts Part 2!

Back in October 1988, Brian and I went to see the Moody Blues at Madison Square Garden in NYC. What was interesting about this day, was that we were going into the city for a class trip, and we had asked if we could stay in the city for the concert. Unfortunately, the faculty member was not allowed to just leave two high school students in the city. Makes sense, but we had to at least ask.

So, we had to go into the city, leave, then take the train back into the city after the trip. Taking the train into the city was always fun, it was a very "grown up" thing to do. We went to the show, and it was a blast. On the train on the way back to NJ, we sat near two high school girls who had also gone to the show. From the look of them, they were Red Bank Catholic students. Maybe they had RBC jackets, and of course, here was a perfect opportunity to strike up a conversation with two girls with similar music tastes, but of course, we didn't.

This became a running reference joke between the two of us for awhile, and I'm sure Brian still remembers it also. Am I missing any details?

NP: Farscape

3 comments:

cabinboy said...

I remember the girlies, and some actual Moody Blues small talk... Maybe it was our consumer whore concert-goer purchases that clued them in...?

Alas, I don't recall anything else of wonder about the strangers on our train... Hey, we didn't run away. That's sort of like something, right?

I have this vague memory of a memory of a realization now that I lost my Sur La Mer cap one summer during college... Frack.

zorknapp said...

Did we actually talk to them? I don't recall that... Maybe you were more brave than I. And I still have that t-shirt and concert book, somewhere.

I think I bought a hat too. It's around somewhere. If I find it, you can have it.

cabinboy said...

Maybe I dreamed it? I thought that when we were still in Penn Station, one of the girls told-asked, "You were at the Moody Blues show, too?" And we replied, and maybe another two or three sentences along the lines of "Great show" were exchanged, decrescendoed, and that was that...

Maybe I dreamed it.

I need new dream writers.