22 May 2006

Lube!

So, I had a doctor's appointment this morning...

There were latex gloves...

There was a small packet in silver foil...

There was fear.

However, all worked out... I had a regular checkup scheduled, and after the nurse took my blood pressure (120 over 70 or so, thank you very much), she told me to get into "the gown," and the doctor would be in to see me in a few minutes.

After changing into my stylish gown, I noticed a pair of latex gloves laid out on the shelf, with a packet of stuff next to them. I thought, "No, it can't be... I'm not 40 yet!" I stood up to look, and sure enough, the small packet was a packet of lubrication.

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was concerned.

I told myself, to calm down, relax, and prepare for the inevitable. I planned to close my eyes and think of England, if it came to it.

However, besides checking out some other plumbing, there was no intrusion into unintrudible areas. So, all was right with the world. The sun shone, the sky cleared, and everyone was above average intelligence, just for a moment.

More happened today, but really, what more could compete with that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you loosened my bowels with that story.

thanks.

zorknapp said...

I've never seen a comment come so quick! Bravo, Joe!