25 January 2007

Update!

I was thinking, it's been awhile since I just did a general update of life on this blog. However, isn't a blog by its very nature a general update.

I'll leave that question to the philosophers out there. But, what have I been up to recently? Here's news:
  • I have a NJ driver's licence for the first time since probably 1996 or so. And, amazingly enough, I was still in the DMV computer system, so I have my original drivers licence number. The photo didn't turn out bad, and even though I had to get a new licence and update my title and registration, my total time at the DMV was less than an hour. Not too shabby, for a place known for eternal lines.
  • I also have a Jersey City public library card. I know it's a small thing, but I think it's important to support the public libraries. I went there last Friday, to do a bit of genealogy research. Found a lead or two on some possible Coulson descendants who might still be out there. More to come as I follow those leads.
  • Sue and I went to see Curse of the Golden Flower. A good movie going experience, although that's when my lip swelled up (see previous blog). Chow-Yun Fat is one of my favorite Chinese actors, and he did well with this film. In some ways, the role of Emperor was a bit sedate for him, but he used his screen time well. The movie, like many Chinese films, doesn't really have a happy ending, but that's okay, because you got told a compelling story along the way.
  • I'm all set with my travel plans for heading to the ACPA/NASPA Conference in Orlando at the end of March. It'll be my second time in Florida in one month, as Sue and I will be heading down to a friend's wedding in Jacksonville at the start of March. Plans for that travel will be made, most likely by the end of this weekend.
  • I'm trying to exercise at least every other day. Generally, it's working.

I think that's it for an update now. There's not a lot of "exciting" stuff going on, but we're keeping busy.

NP: King Crimson - Asbury Park (28 June 1874)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better-being sick sucks, especially when it's a mystery illness.

Have fun in FL! We only go to Orlando for one reason...