23 July 2007

Potter...

This weekend, I went and bought the new Harry Potter book on Saturday morning at a bookstore in Hoboken. Said bookstore did *NOT* do a midnight sale, otherwise I would have gone then...

I finished the book around 1:45pm on Sunday. A fitting conclusion to the series, I was satisfied.

I'm not going to go into the details of the plot and all that, as you're either going to read the book, or not, based on your own opinions. I do think though, that what drives these books, more than the fantasy aspect of it (which is fun, no doubt), is Rowling's focus on friendship, and the connections we all make to each other.

Life isn't worth much if you don't have connections to put meaning to it. That's the core message, and it is one that resonates with me.

So, friends, thank you all for being around. I appreciate you all.

NP: Robert Fripp - Glass and Breath II

No comments: