26 August 2009

Paul McCartney

You know, I might be arriving a bit late to this party, but for the first time I have seen Sir Paul McCartney live in concert.

And, I have to say, I think this chap may have a decent career in music coming up!

I went to see Paul play with a rocking teenage combo at the new Shea Stadium back in July, now called Citi Field, or some such non-descript name. I think that people will still call it Shea, just like the PNC Bank Arts Center is still the Garden State Arts Center for those in the know...

Paul played a great selection of music, and as I've told some people in person, he truly brought "The Rock" to this show. Some of Paul's music could be a bit soft at times, but at this show, it was all good high energy rock, one after another. Even the acoustic bit of the show, had a power to it that worked for songs like Yesterday and others.

Overall, for this Beatle fan, a great show! I do need to get some of McCartney's solo albums now, any recommendations?

And, here's a video of "Jet," the second song of the night. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Jen said...

I love Flowers in the Dirt. Not crazy at all about Run Devil Run

someone said...

My favorite Paul solo albums are probably "Ram" and "Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard". Ram is gorgeous and occasionally weird, Chaos is just plain good.