09 October 2005

So sue me...

Okay, okay, I didn't get around to recording my lyrics yet, but I think that I have them in good shape... I think Tuesday night will be when I put some of this stuff on tape, or perhaps right after work tomorrow. I'll see how I feel.

I've been putting a lot of my CD's on computer, to continue developing the playlist for my own personal radio station for when I'm exercising or working on the computer here. I've put a lot of my comedy CD's on here (Carlin, Pryor, Dana Gould, Richard Jeni, amongst others). Music I've put on here this weekend include Yes, ELP, and various offshoots of those two bands.

I'm a big fan of British progressive rock, bands like the aforementioned two, along with Genesis (with and without Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett), King Crimson, and others. Frank Zappa and Queen also make up large portions of the 1600 CD's that Sue and I have when our collection is joined. For more modern music, Radiohead is up there, and Phish used to be good, before they took up the mantle of the Grateful Dead. Other artists worth checking out are John Cale, Jeff Buckley, Mike Keneally, and David Bowie.

I've been listening/watching the new ELP DVD, Beyond the Beginning, while working on the computer today. It's a good overview of a lot of early live stuff from the band, much of which I haven't seen before. Sue thinks they're a bit self important, and I suppose they are, but I enjoy good portions of their catalog, perhaps because of the pomposity. Not stuff I'd listen to every day, but their work does it for me when I'm in the right mood.

NP: ELP, Pictures At An Exhibition

No comments: