19 December 2005

Ah, vacation...

It's nice to be officially lazy. Today was my first "real" day off from work for this holiday season. I spent the evening making some merengues, watching Arrested Development, and now, writing this blog. After, I'll read the Lincoln book I'm still working on.

During the day, I worked on some of my genealogy research. I haven't had any recent breakthroughs on my direct ancestors, but I continue to make small strides with all the ancillary connections. I found a WWI Draft Card for a 1st Cousin thrice removed (that's three generations away, my great-grandparent's first cousin, basically). That led to finding one of his sister's married name, which I did not know before. So, perhaps, there's new living connections I can find from these people.

Over the weekend, I slept late, and relaxed. Nothing terribly exciting.

More to come!

No comments: