16 December 2005

Card photos

So, I've been getting a lot of cards for the holidays recently in the mail. Some are of the new "hey, let's put a photo of ourselves on here!" variety.

I've noticed that once my friends have kids, oftentimes, the parents are no longer in the photo. Why?

Not that I don't want to see the kids, but why can't I see the parents too? I know the parents better than I know the kids, and I'd like to see them. Are the parents too run down and ragged from their kids that they don't think they're photogenic any more?

Just a short observation for this wintry morning. I'm waiting for computer people to show up here at work, to set me up with a new laptop for my office.

NP: Silence.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I imagine you've never tried to get your entire family to one of those photo places and get a family picture done, especially when your husband refuses to step foot in the mall or get a picture taken.

By the way, your card and your Dad's card came on the same day.

zorknapp said...

Glad the card got there! And I don't need a posed studio shot of everyone, just Photoshop your heads into the photo or something! :) And if anyone refused to get a picture taken, then an artist's rendering will do...

cabinboy said...

It's the cats. They've disposed of the parents and the children are easier to control. Heck, kids LIKE the cats. The cards go out to maintain the illusion of normalcy in the household while the cats work out their ultimate plans.

Jen said...

Ok I have a decent picture but I can't find your e-mail address anywhere. e-mail me jenminson @ comcast. net