13 December 2005

Tuesday the 13th

Why is Friday the 13th such the big scary day? Today's Tuesday the 13th, just as rare as any other date...

If you have an answer, let me know.

It's been fairly quiet at work recently, mainly because all the students are gone. I've been working on my end of term report, which should be done tomorrow. It's not officially due until the 22nd, but since this Friday (the evil 16th) will be my last day of work in this year, I want to have it and other work done way ahead of time.

Joe and I recorded another radio show last night. If it's not up on Pseudocertainty yet, it should be up by Wednesday. This was a fun one, talking about the alien talk we gave up here at Dartmouth back in October, and the solo talk I did myself in November.

One of my co-workers said that my song, This Barren Land, sounds very Floydian. Joe said that he could detect Yes influences in there. Let me know what you think, constant reader.

I like having this recording set up, where I can just get something down quick, and either work to develop it more, or leave it be. I'm actually thinking in the new year of trying to take piano or guitar lessons. I'm not terribly interested in reading music, but I'd like to develop fluidity so that I can play those instruments better than I can now. I think I've got as far as I can for now with teaching myself, and I think having some lessons may allow me to push up to another plateau, or at least to a level where I can continue working on skills myself.

NP: John Wetton, The Night Watch

No comments: