06 April 2006

Pseudocertainty!

Okay, so Joe mentioned below in the comments, about my weekend summary, that I forgot to mention recording a new episode of Pseudocertainty. So, I'm mentioning it now...

For those of you not in the know, Pseudocertainty is an internet radio show that Joe and I do periodically, every few weeks, where we talk about odd news items, alien stuff, cryptozoology, and othe random stuff. One of our great conversations was about foods that neither of us like.

In the past, when we first started this show, I'd go down to Boston and we'd record the shows in person, sitting in the same room. Now, with the wonders of the Interweb, we can use a program called Skype to have me recorded on Joe's computer, while I stay snug up here in New Hampshire. It's allowed us to do more shows in a shorter amount of time, so we might be reaching a critical mass here of material. So far, in this calendar year, we've had over 2000 page downloads, which is almost equal to the total page downloads we had in all of 2005. It helps that we've been podcast now, and also that Joe figured out how to do some Google ads, so we're getting the word out.

Pseudocertainty is an offshoot of our original website, AliensAliensAliens, which started in December 1995, and ended sometime in 2001 or so. I have recently discovered some archived pieces of that old site, so I'll try to put them up on my personal website sometime in the future.

We usually record these shows in the late evening, past 9 or 10pm, as it allows the silliness to come out in each of our personalities. Listen to the shows, and let me know what you think. At some point, we're going to have guests on the show. Joe wants my friend Brian to be our first guest, I'll see if I can convince him to do it... it could be fun!

Coming up in future blogs, we'll talk about my haplogroup results from the National Geographic genographic project, and a dream I had regarding an expensive butter purchase.

NP: David Cross - Inc

No comments: