09 May 2006

Bisquit!

Ah, so I'm back... Feeling a bit under the weather today, but I'm finally going to post some photos from the Relay for Life event that was on Friday night. Away we go...

Well, this page seems to be having a problem with posting photos right now. So, it's going to have to wait...

In other news, I finished converting all of my old tapes today. Finally, that project is all done. Now, I have time in the evening to relax a bit, exercise when necessary, read, and perhaps even kick start my genealogy research. I really haven't done much with it during this year so far, so I should decide what to work on, perhaps really focus on trying to break down some barriers. There are still some branches of the Lord family I need to re-connect with. That's a good start...

It's been good to get back in contact with Baron from posting some old high school stories here, and the little comments section below the main posting. I do need to write an e-mail back to Baron, so if you're waiting out there Baron, I Haven't Forgotten You!

But, I was thinking, since Baron found his way here, perhaps I can get some other people finding themselves mentioned here, who I've been out of contact with for the past number of years. Those people are:
  • Erik Lynch: Guitarist from T.O.O.L., lives out in Colorado now, I believe
  • Bill Sexton: No idea where he is now...
  • Andy Fenwick: One of the singers from T.O.O.L., perhaps living in NY, NJ, or Washington DC?

That's a good start for now...

In going over some of these old tapes, I found ones of me singing along to records when I was about 16. Horrible stuff... After doing this, there's a tape of me saying, "I guess I don't sing very well." It's so rare that you find an audio record of the destruction of an illusion...

There was also a tape of an audio letter I sent to Brian in the summer of 1988, when he was away at smart kids kamp... It was funny to hear, because, just like today, I was the king of banal detail. I had sent Brian some tapes of music, so I spent a big part of the tape detailing who was in the bands, who wrote what songs, and all that goofy stuff. I'm amazed anyone is still my friend!

Oh, and you think you're a big blog reader? What do you want, a BISQUIT???

NP: Scrubs on NBC

3 comments:

cabinboy said...

Good times... good times...

Every once in a while, when I'm driving, I like to roll down the window and spit at the oncoming cars. Just in case...

=)

Anonymous said...

i think fenwick is in NY. we sent a couple of emails back and forth a few years back. be cool to find bill, and lynch. hopefully they'll find their way to your page soon. surely i'm not the only loser out there running vanity googles whenever i get bored...

zorknapp said...

If you still have Fenwick's e-mail, feel free to send it on to me...

And the spitting at cars is an old DiMasi thing. He was worried about driving with his windows down, in case someone decided to spit in his open window...

And of course, you're not the only loser running vanity googles... I've done it semi-often.