02 May 2006

Slow!

I've been a bit slow with blogging recently, as my life has been taken over by converting these old tapes to MP3's. It's a big pain in the butt, but I'm so close to the end now (only 14 more tapes to go!), that I just have to plow through it. I'm hoping by this weekend, I'll be done. My hope of getting done this past weekend was a bit naive.

Right now, I'm on Yes's "Ritual," from a '74 bootleg. The tape speed was a bit fast, which is why I'm glad my old four track recorder has a pitch control on it, so I can slow down the tape to something approximating the correct pitch.

I'm surprised that I'm able to tell the "correct" pitch. I didn't know I'd be able to do it, but I think I've done a good job with it. I've got a few more Yes tapes to convert, some David Bowie, some Moody Blues, The Who, and UK. Fun stuff.

Much more content coming soon in the near future. I've been neglecting genealogy recently, I've got to get back in the swing of that. I requested some records from NJ over a year ago, which I have yet to receive! They've cashed my check (last June), and I've sent a letter with a copy of the cancelled check to them back at the end of last year, and have still heard nothing. I'd hope to at least get an e-mail, saying, "Sorry, but we sent them, too bad so sad," but I haven't even gotten that...

NJ Vital Records, a Pox on your House!

NP: Yes - Ritual - 18 Feb 1974

No comments: