17 June 2006

Packing!

Today was a very moving-centric day. It started off with me bringing a small piece of exercise equipment to a friend's yard sale, to see if it would sell. I tried to see if it sold, when I stopped by their home later in the afternoon, but no one was around. I'll give a call tomorrow to see what's up.

I then went to buy some boxes for our forthcoming move to the Garden State, and even got a start on some packing before I went around 11:30 or so to help two of my colleagues, who are also leaving Dartmouth, pack up their moving truck. Fortunately, we had about 10 people there to help, and I brought two dolly carts from my cluster, so the loading up actually went fairly quickly.

Of course, it was hard to see my colleagues head out of here, but I know I'll be on their end of the departure day soon enough, so I can empathize on how it'll feel for us. Krista was leaving "for good" today, but Fouad will be working this last week here at Dartmouth, so there's still time to drag the departure out...

In the afternoon, I bought some more boxes (besides finding some boxes for free around town, and in the building), and Sue and I have a bunch of stuff now packed. All of our CD's, DVD's, and about 60-70% of our books are now in boxes. Tomorrow, I'll get the rest of the books, along with some other stuff packed. The movers won't be coming until around July 6th, so we still have plenty of time to get stuff ready.

We took some pictures today, I'll post them up here tomorrow, so you can see what the life in boxes will be like for the next few weeks.

NP: The Black Crowes - Remedy

2 comments:

Louie said...

Packing sucks. It's one of my least favorite things to do. We've been doing it to just put some stuff in storage. I feel for you.

zorknapp said...

Fortunately, we have plenty of time to pack, but there are plenty of other things to do with my time that I prefer over packing... Storage isn't a bad idea, although I am continually looking for ways to weed belongings out... It's hard though, as I like having stuff, I admit it.