19 June 2006

Thunder!

Crazy intense thunderstorms today, right in the 4-5pm block! I tried to get some photos of lightning in action, but I was never pointed in the right direction. It actually interrupted the farewell gathering for the Dean of the College here, which was too bad, but the event moved inside with no real trouble.

Tonight, Sue and I went to dinner with my/our friends Theresa and Thor, who I know from my BC days. Theresa was a freshman when I was a senior, and we were connected through the CCE, the murder mystery group we were both a part of. They have a condo in the Queeche area, just about a 20 minute drive from Hanover, so when they're up here, it's good to get together.

We went to Molly's, a local restaurant, which I'm sure I've mentioned here before as just a good, solid place to eat. We met at 6:30pm, and ended up staying till about 9:15, which was fun. I enjoy hanging out with T&T, as does Sue. Hopefully they'll be able to find their way down to the NYC area when we're there. Theresa mentioned to me that she just saw Lou and his wife (Hello Lou and Sania!) a few weeks ago while she was in NYC (although I may have the timeframe wrong, don't hold me to it!).

Updates on ending up here at Dartmouth: My last day of work will now be June 30th. I wanted to work till the 5th, but I guess it doesn't make sense to keep me in the new fiscal year, when I'd only be working for 5 days. Ah well...

Movers will be picking up our stuff on the 6th, and delivering it to Jersey City on the 9th. I then start work on the 10th. A whirlwind few days, to be sure... I feel good about the packing we've done already, so we'll just have to keep the pace going.

NP: Jeff Buckley - Yeh Jo Halka Saroor Hae - 1993 07/08

No comments: