12 July 2006

Update!

Work continues, and is going well. I continue to see that this was a good professional move. It is taking a bit of getting used to, being an "Assistant Director," and being looked to make decisions, have an opinion, and be listened to seriously. All in all, a very good start.

On this past Saturday, I went into NYC, in order to figure out how the trains work, and how long it takes. I brought my camera with me, so here are some photos...


This building is 486 Broadway, where my great-great-grandfather, Robert Francis Lord, worked as the manager of the Stewart Hartshorn office in NYC, around 1900. The Hartshorn company made roller shades for windows, which I guess was quite the innovation back in the day.


The night before going into NYC, I e-mailed my friend Lou to see if he'd be free at all on Saturday. He replied that he was going to be meeting Greg, a mutual friend of ours from college, in Central Park around 3ish to play softball, and that I could meet up there. I wasn't sure about playing softball, but as you can see from this photo, I did get pulled into the game.

I started playing in the 2nd inning, when they needed someone to even up the teams. By that point, I had seen that the folks playing weren't the best in the world, so I felt comfortable sitting in. I was at bat 4 times, and got on base the last time. Woo hoo!


All in all, a very "New York" afternoon, hanging out in Central Park, and playing softball. Good times!


Here's Sania, Lou's wife. She's pregnant, and due in October, so playing softball unfortunately wasn't in the cards for her on Saturday.

I'm trying to get a photo of Lou up here, but blogger continues to give me some issues with photos. Very odd...

NP: Brian May - Headlong (15 June 1993)

1 comment:

Louie said...

I've had some problems uploading pics too. Basically it just sits on that "uploading" screen forever doing a lot of nothing. If I try again sometime later, it usually works. Don't know what the problem is.