10 July 2006

Work!

Sorry for not posting a bit more recently, but the move takes a lot of energy, unpacking and getting settled in. Sue got here on Sunday, after the movers dropped off all our stuff, so things are going okay.

I missed Sue when she was still up in NH, so it's nice to have her here now.

I'll be posting some photos from my trip into NYC on Saturday. I met up with some friends in Central Park, and was convinced to play a bit of softball. Fortunately, it was a pretty casual game, so there wasn't a lot of pressure to perform. Of four at bats, I got on base the last time, but then the next person got out. Ah well. More to come on that front.

The apartment here is still a mess, but some things are slowly coming together. Our "office" room is getting there, as is the living room. We'll have to figure out some kitchen stuff, as I think we actually have a bit less cabinet space than before.

Today was, of course, the first day at the new job, and it seems to be fitting me rather well. People enjoyed my presence, and I got a lot of praise for arranging the desk in my office in a more friendly manner. Tomorrow, there will be more "real" work, which will be fun.

The evening here was spent pulling some stuff out of boxes, and arranging some furniture. I'm a bit tired now, but not "sleepy" tired, so I'll be up for a bit more... Not very long though, I think...

NP: Frank Zappa - Opening Night Party at Studio Z

No comments: