30 August 2006

89!

This Saturday, my grandmother is turning 89 years old. That means she was born in 1917, for all you math oriented folks out there.

Sue and I should be heading down to the NJ Shore area, to go to lunch with her and other members of my family, so it should be a good time.

In other news, I've been in contact with a 4th cousin once removed on the Lang side. My G3-grandmother, Jane Lang, had a sister named Elizabeth Lang. Elizabeth married a Matthew Cook, and they had a daughter together named Sarah. This woman I'm in contact with is descended from Elizabeth and Sarah. She sent me a photo she has of Elizabeth, who died in 1875. Elizabeth was an aunt to my G2-grandfather, who I do have a photo of, and there is a real family resemblance there. I'll post the photos here soon, for your own review...

NP: Pink Floyd - Hey You

No comments: