31 August 2006

Compare!

Below, you will find a photo of a sharply dressed gentleman, who is Robert Lord, my Great-great-grandfather.
Now, below this text, is a photo of Elizabeth Lang, and her husband Matthew Cook. Elizabeth Lang is Robert's aunt, but is only 7 years his senior. She was born in about 1846, and Robert was born in 1853.


I think there's quite a resemblance in their facial structure. I guess Robert took after his mother's side, the Lang's, more than the Lord's. I have no photos of John Lord (Robert's father)to compare him to, unfortunately...

NP: Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 4 in G, Op. 58, Rondo: Vivace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thought you might find this interesting, you may already be aware of it, but seeing your interest in geneology, I thought you might be interested...
http://creativegene.blogspot.com/2006/09/carnival-of-genealogy-7th-edition.html

zorknapp said...

Thanks for the link, I appreciate any contacts or leads with genealogy stuff. It's also good to see mystery readers posting here!

zorknapp said...

Thanks for the link, I appreciate any contacts or leads with genealogy stuff. It's also good to see mystery readers posting here!