27 September 2006

Year!

You know, I'm coming up on the one year anniversary of doing this blog. That is, if it hasn't already passed yet. I hope you've enjoyed going on this voyage of life with me. I'm sure it hasn't always been scintillating, but life is lived in the moments between exciting happenings.

For basic daily routine today, I did laundry and dishes. We also put up some more stuff on our walls, but there's more to do. I organized the remaining art (mainly Sue's stuff, which is quite good) a little better, so it didn't look as much like a mess. Over the next day or so, we'll get the rest of the stuff up, or at least decide what will go up where.

This Friday, Joe J. and I are planning on recording another episode of Pseudocertainty. This will be the first one recorded down here in NJ, while Joe is in Boston. I hope that the internet connection is still good enough to let Skype work.

I realized the other day that this is the first time in years that my "center of gravity" isn't Boston, but now the New York/New Jersey area. What I mean by this is that, even when I was out at grad school in Michigan, Boston was a place that was very easy to return to. It's a place where a lot of life happened. Now, that "center" has changed back to the New York/New Jersey area. It's not a bad thing, and maybe it's more measured by what major metropolitan area is closest, but it is very noticable, for me at least. Except for when I was out in East Lansing, I haven't been more than 2.5 hours from Boston since 1989. That's now different.

I do enjoy being back in the New York area, it'll allow me to see family more often, and see New York friends that I've felt a little neglectful about, but I do miss the easy access to Boston. I'm sure we'll get up there again, possibly even before the year is out, but it is a change.

NP: Magma - K.A III

No comments: