22 October 2006

Farscape!

This weekend, I finished watching the Farscape series on DVD, with the TV movie "The Peacekeeper Wars." I had seen the movie when it was originally on, back in 2005 I believe. It was definitely a satisfying conclusion to the series, but I think it did suffer from just having to resolve so much in so short a period of time.

The plot was right where it should be, but over the course of a season we would have seen so many more good character moments. It wasn't that the movie lacked good moments for the cast, but it was just too compressed. But, I still give the move a B+/A-, as it was a solid conclusion to the show. Of course, Ben Browder and Claudia Black are back working together on one of the Stargate shows. A bit of stunt casting, to be sure, but I'm glad they're working.

Just don't make me watch the show...

Tonight's my last night of duty until late in November. Without going into details, it's been a busy week. It wasn't so much the volume of things to deal with, it was that there were odd things, that were a bit off the beaten track for normal residence life stuff. But, that's why I'm paid the moderately low bucks!

I also watched the Japanese-Raymond Burr'less version of the very first Godzilla movie. It's quite good, and a much darker film than the Americanized version was. The American version focuses on the monster aspect, while there's much more of an anti-nuclear (but not anti-American) stance in the Japanese version. It's very well done for basically being a movie where the main character is a person in a dinosaur-monster outfit.

NP: Soundgarten - Spoonman

1 comment:

cabinboy said...

ANTI-nuclear? But creating or waking up a monster with radioactive halitosis sounds like a huge PLUS for going nukular on someone's @ss!

Subtext, innit? Why's everything gotta MEAN something...?

I have yet to completely watch the PEACEKEEPER WARS. I've only randomly caught half hour bits at most at some convenient 2am showtimes. I would've watched more or all of what was playing, but on the occasions I've stumbled across it, it would already have been an hour in, or in the second two hours. Bleah.