20 October 2006

Remiss!

Of course, as Jen pointed out, I'd be remiss in not also pointing out that my stepsister Holly and her husband Dan just had their very own baby! Of course, Holly did the lion's share of the "birth" work, so really she had the baby, but we got to include the father somehow, right?

Tonight's still a duty night for me, I'll be on call to respond to any campus events until Monday morning at 9am or so. It appears that campus is pretty quiet right now, a lot of students go home for the weekend, or away with friends, so I may not get awoken in the middle of the night. Here's to hope!

I did have to run around a bit tonight, taking care of a few minor issues, so I missed portions of Battlestar Galactica. However, I did get the general idea of the episode. If you watch the show, and haven't seen this week's episode yet, you should stop reading, and come back when you've seen the show.
  • It's good to see Baltar finally fall in with the Cylons on a permanent basis, in a similar way to how the original Baltar did in the first series. Not that the process was the same, but now, we'll have a better window into the Cylon world with Baltar with them.
  • The image of Galactica coming through the atmosphere was great. As was Adama's final statement to his crew, before the arrival of Pegasus.
  • It's sad to see Pegasus go, but I am a sucker for ramming speed. And it's good that a piece of the Pegasus took out another Base Ship...
  • Adama the Hero, Tighe the Forgotten...
  • I was not surprised to learn that Casey was not actually Starbuck's baby, but I did think that she was a Cylon child. So, to see that she was just another human was a good twist.
  • Will Roslyn now be President for Life or something along those lines, or will there be another election?

That's all my thoughts for now. I got another Galactica disc from Netflix today, so that will probably be my viewing for tomorrow.

NP: Emerson Lake & Powell - Still, You Turn Me On... (Summer 1986)

1 comment:

cabinboy said...

Uncle Zorky again. Is there a genealogical degree or something for being a "multiple" uncle?

Congrats to Holly and her expanded household!~

Good BSG bulleting, you brainiac on the nerd patrol, you. =)