31 October 2006

Halloween!

Yes, it is, of course, Halloween. No dressing up for me today, I never really think about Halloween costumes until it's too late. And usually, it's easier to just treat it like a regular day. I do think I really liked Halloween as a kid, but it was more about getting lots of candy than anything else.

I did see some kids going around, Trick-or-treating with their parents earlier today, which was fun. It really is a kid's holiday, maybe even more so than Christmas or a birthday.

I've got nothing else to really write about now... If I come up with anything else tonight, I'll log back in.

NP: Plant & Page - Nobody's Fault But Mine

1 comment:

cabinboy said...

Best/most memorable childhood Halloween... San Antonio, 1977, it must've been. Everyone, at least, all the boys, in the apartment complex were sporting lightsabers. Didn't matter if you were Darth, Luke, or Threepio. Heck, Pirate, Frankenstein, and Ghost were all Jedi Knights that night.

I'm sure I got a decent take of candy, I really can't recall. What I *do* remember is the spontaneous lightsaber fights all night. With kids I didn't know, even. We'd just cross paths with each other, flipping our lightsabers on and off and swinging them around making sound effects like Henchman 21 and then we'd just have at. Keerazy, heh. By the end of the evening, I'm pretty sure no one had an intact saber.

No built-in sound effects, no cool rising saber light, no molded faux metal/tech grip, even. These were the red flashlights with flashlight on/off switches and the black cuff connecting to the frosted plastic tube with the rounded tip that would fly off after a couple whacks.

We destroyed those suckers, but they looked real cool in the dark outside.

Until they got bent, like, eight ways.