22 November 2006

Turkey!

Ah, the joys of a few days off of work. Heading home to have a meal, see family, and do all that fun stuff. Yes, it's Thanksgiving. Sue and I are going to my mom's for dinner tomorrow. It'll just be the three of us, a nice small meal. I like holidays, but I also like not making a *huge* deal of them. It's a good time to reconnect with family and friends, which is a good life affirming process.

Reflective? Perhaps. I like the small gatherings better than larger ones, although I guess everything has its time and place. I don't dislike large groups, it's just that I have to be in the mood for it. But even then, I generally prefer to hang out with no more than 5-6 people at once, it gives everyone a chance to contribute something.

Both Sue and I got off of work early today. I'm on call for work, so we really couldn't go out and do stuff, but we did order Chinese for dinner, which is always tasty. I went with the Sesame Chicken, and Sue did spicy szchewan (gross misspelling, right!) tofu. And, there's plenty for leftovers...

I'm thinking the drive down to Asbury Park for dinner shouldn't be too bad tomorrow. And if the Turnpike/Parkway are crowded, we can always hop off of there and go on the "back" roads. We'll probably pop into my Dad's after eating at my mom's, to see people over there also. It'll be a fun day.

On Saturday, Sue and I are going to a wedding in NYC for one of her friends from High School. That's a big event that I can usually get into. I've never been to a wedding in NYC, so this will be a good time. The place is up around 61st Street, I believe, and it starts late (7pm or so) on Saturday.

That's about it for now, nothing too deep tonight...

NP: King Crimson - The Letters (16 October 1971)

1 comment:

cabinboy said...

Hey man, don't tell my sister you've never been to a wedding in NYC! =)

Sorry about unwittingly passing along the Fox news report intelligence-sapping meme in my recent post. I'm pretty sure that it's only prolonged, repeated, exposure that causes *lasting* stupidity. You should bounce back pretty quickly after opening up to space.com, a bit of NPR or BBCnews, or ATHF. =)

You're like Thanksgiving vacation...

=)