08 December 2006

Maniacs!

So, I use Windows Media Player to play my mp3's on my computer, often when I'm on this computer. Typing up blogs, working on genealogy, whatever I happen to be doing.

I like WMP, because it's very easy to track what has been playing, and how many times a song has been played. I have about 1501 hours of music on here, and I have it on random play. I like that anything can come up at any time. Music, comedy, opera, talk, whatever.

However, for some reason, one song comes up more often than any other. My number one played song at random is "What's the Matter Here?" by 10,000 Maniacs.

A good song, but not one I would choose to listen to 12 times. That's how many times it's come up on WMP since I've been using this for music. The next closest high number is 5 times (for numerous songs). I mean, I do like the song (it's from before 10K Maniacs became a bit too precious for my tastes), but it comes up first a lot of times. Computer error?

Weird, I know, and does it deserve a blog? Well, it just happened, so I had to write about it.

Coming up tomorrow: My thoughts on Christmas/Holiday spirit.

NP: Lewis Black - Leave a Tip

1 comment:

Louie said...

Hmmm... I think that would drive me insane. I'm not a big fan of the Maniacs myself.
Personally, I use iTunes for my music playing, but I'm a slave to the whole Apple .mp3 player business. Once you own an iPod and get tunes off of iTunes, they make it pretty impossible to move on to another type of player (your music won't work).