08 February 2007

Ack!

Have you ever pulled a boner move so STUPENDOUS, that you marvel that you can tie your own shoes in the morning?

I did one of those yesterday.

I'm married to a wonderful Sue, and periodically during the day at work, we'll drop little e-mail notes to each other, just reminders that we're out there, thinking of each other. Romantic, eh?

Well, yes, it is romantic, until you send one of those messages to your boss by mistake.

With the subject line "I love YOU!"

And then you get the reply, "re: I love YOU!," and it's not from your lovely wife, but from someone NOT YOUR WIFE.

The first words out of my mouth when I got the reply were "Oh f*ck." With a laugh at it, because it, obviously, is very funny.

I pictured my supervisor sitting there at her computer, wondering what to do with this strange e-mail addressed to her, from me.

We did get a good laugh about it, and Sue did also. All was right with the world.

But, I'm still laughing about it now. What a dunderhead I can be!

NP: Steve Howe - The Collector

5 comments:

cabinboy said...

Smooth move, Ex-lax...

=)

Hrmm... Does that go into a file somewhere in HR? Or come up in a review situation?

Louie said...

That's pretty funny... :) Of course, recently, I asked a kid's guardian if they were his father or brother only to be responded with "I'm his aunt." Now that made me a little red in the face. :)

Anonymous said...

Now, if the reply email came back with something like "you have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear those words from you..."-THEN you'd really be in trouble.

Daniel said...

this.
was.
awesome.

can you imagine if you did that here? and you sent it to marty? i can. and i'm laughing.

zorknapp said...

Who's to say I didn't do that? :)