27 February 2007

Sandwich of confusion...

Today, I had a sandwich from the faux-Subway eatery on campus. I've worked here at SPC for 7 months, but I hadn't gotten a sub from this place yet. (I'd usually go to the real Subway right off campus if I had a hankering for subbish goodness.)

I was tempted today because they had a buffalo chicken sub, and I'm a sucker for buffalo chicken. I asked for no blue cheese, and they said, "We don't do blue cheese, we do ranch." No way to the rancho, I say! I'm not a big condiment person, so any gooey food product generally stays away from me.

So, I take my sub (with lettuce and green peppers) back to my table, and dig in. I then discover that there's bacon in the sandwich.

Buffalo chicken and bacon.

Interesting.

It actually was okay, I just didn't expect it. I'd order it again. Although I might actually ask them to hold the bacon, as I try to avoid a lot of heavy salted meat products. It's my way of being healthy...

In total other news, while in Florida, this Saturday, we're going to have a lunar eclipse! I hope there's good clear sky to see it...

I'm probably about 100 pages from finishing Cell, so Brian, you better get on the ball! It may be a plane finisher, but I can't see not being done with it by the time we reach sunny Florida. It's a good read, and just gut-wrenching in some spots, which I always like about King's writing. He really does know how to get to a reader emotionally, in very simple ways...

More about that once I'm done with the book.

NP: Adrian Belew - Hot Zoo

4 comments:

cabinboy said...

Dude! I totally killed that book last night!

Now I've gotta find something else for the trip. I may go hunt down that supposed LOST tie-in book. I think it got ripped for being not any real help with LOST mysteries, but I'm still curious. If it's a metaphysical detective story, well, that's just the sort of thing I'll eat up.

Louie said...

I have a theory - all foods taste better with bacon. Just sit back and enjoy.

zorknapp said...

Bacon is okay... I just don't want to overdo it...

And I just finished Cell tonight. Good read. Not too much of a deus ex machina ending, so that was okay... More later!

Anonymous said...

Bacon is evil. It's that thing that tastes so good but will actually kill you. In my case, I'll actually spontaneously combust.