10 April 2007

The official conclusion...

...of my birthday season arrived today, when I received a gift in the mail from my friend Brian. It's two graphic novels, of one series, called "The Walking Dead." More zombie literature to fry my brain! Thanks Brian!

I finished the novel "The Historian" yesterday. It was a good read, I enjoyed it, but the book is 675 pages long, and I think it could have been tightened up a good 100 pages or so. The story is about the search for the living Dracula, in semi-modern times, told through a "modern" story, but also through a series of letters, written by the protaginist's father, and an assortment of other characters.

The book kept me interested enough to finish it, but my main critique, as I said, was the pace of it. With that being said, I wouldn't not read other work by the author.

NP: Frank Zappa - Freak Out Drum Track w/timpani

1 comment:

cabinboy said...

Well... I wouldn't quite say "conclusion..."

There's room for an epilogue, donchathink? Perhaps a SciFi channel two-night event? Birthday Season: Legend of the Rangers..? Or something...