26 May 2007

Memorial Day weekend

Today was the first day of the Memorial Day weekend. I stayed in bed till about 10:30am, and spent most of the day realizing that it felt like the first day of Summer Vacation when I was a kid. I mentioned this to Sue, and she felt the same way. It was just one of those great lazy days where I had nothing of real consequence to do, so here's what I did...

1. Watched "Being John Malkovich" with Sue on DVD. Good movie, although none of the characters are people I'd like to know in real life.

2. Went to Hoboken. The mission was to go to the Ben & Jerry's store there to find the Stephen Colbert flavor, Americone Dreams. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! It's quite tasty too, with vanilla ice cream, bits of chocolate covered waffle cone, and caramel swirled through it. I also stopped at the Barnes & Nobles, and got $50 work of book. The third book in a trilogy by Alastair Reynolds, a new book on the Revolutionary War, and a collection of scientific essays by Neil Degrasse Tyson. Should all be good reads...

3. Came home, ate the ice cream. Watched the SCTV DVD's that I've been going through, and took a nap on the couch.

4. Finished watching the netflix DVD's of the British version of "The Office" that we started watching last night. Great show, there's something about the uncomfortable human interaction in these comedies that just works for me. People should know better, but they don't, and it makes for great comedy. And, there's some great personal stories running through the show, such as the Dawn/Tim relationship. Great fun to watch.

5. Tucked Sue into bed, she's an early sleeper. Now, I'll just fart around here for a bit, maybe read, who knows....

NP: Anglagard - Sista Somrar

No comments: