18 June 2008

Blood donation!

Today at the college, the Community Service office sponsored one of their blood drives. As I was feeling good and ready for it, I signed up to donate!

Walking over to the room where the drive was being held, it was a beautiful day, so the bridge needed to be photographed....


Once we got all our paperwork in order, I had to wait until there was a free couch. Melody, one of my co-workers, was one step ahead of me. :)


Self portrait of the administrator as a blood donor....





By this time, I was stuck with the needle, and draining had commenced! Feeling good!


And afterwards, you got to have your OJ! Don't want to pass out!


And, finally, the aftermath. That's iodine on my arm, not anything else! They did use a lot of iodine compared to other times I've given blood, but it doesn't hurt or anything, so it's all good...

So, if you can, GIVE BLOOD!

NP: King Crimson - The Sailor's Tale (1971 04 13)

No comments: