15 June 2008

Saturday review

Today was a little different than most Saturdays, as I went to a memorial service down in Spring Lake, NJ, for a memorial service for one of my grandmother's cousins who passed away earlier this week. I'm not usually a person who is thrilled about the content of memorial services, as it seems to be people saying general platitudes about a person. However, the minister at this service actually appeared to know my grandmother's cousin, so I think the service was actually better than some others I have been to.

After that, I went to my mom's place in Asbury, to see her for a bit. She had a lamp that she had ordered, which had an issue with the wiring, there was too much wire, and nowhere for the wire to go. It couldn't be pulled through a different area of the lamp, or pushed into a segment of the lamp that could store it.

So, it looks like the lamp actually has a real issue...

Here's a photo of my mom out on her back porch.

We tried to entice Daisy, my mom's cat, out for me to pet, but Daisy is really only used to my mom... Here's a video of Daisy the fraidy cat...

But, she does make friends with my mom, as we can see here...

And finally, here's a photo of the ocean, from my mom's rooftop deck. It was a bit hazy, but still, I love the ocean, and could look at it all day...

NP: Talking Heads - Take Me to the River

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your mom looks great!