08 January 2014

King Crimson

(Another draft blog, from a few years back...)

Hello all! Yes, I've been neglectful of this blog, so let me start back up with what I left off with, King Crimson...


Back on August 14th, I went into NYC to see King Crimson at the Nokia Theatre. It was INTENSE!!! Great stuff, I was front row, right in front of Tony Levin. I could see Belew, Fripp, and Gavin Harrison great, although generally, Belew blocked my view of Pat Mastelotto...


The setlist was (to the best of my memory, so the order may be screwy):Drum duetThe ConstruKction of LightNeuroticaRedDinosaurTalking DrumLarks Tongues IIWalking On AirThree of a Perfect PairLevel FiveB'BoomFrame By FrameIndisciplineFirst Encore:2nd Drum DuetElephant Talk2nd Encore:Vrooom/CodaThela Hun GingeetI may be missing a song or two in there, I'll have to check online, but it was GREAT! There was an empty seat right next to me, so I thought of you being there... A lot of times, I thought, "I bet Eli would be loving this!" :)I did see Sid Smith after the show, so we'll see if I'll show up on the videos he's been posting onto the DGMLive.com site... I also made some new friend, this guy Vincent, who's a bit of a nut, but wanted to send me some music, so I gave him my e-mail. He's very into Van Der Graaf Generator, and he's already sending me some stuff. A nice guy, about 50 and a hairdresser, but he must have money, as he seems to be one of those "edgy" guys.

No comments: