30 October 2005

A fun Saturday

Ah, the weekend. Got to sleep late today, till about 10:45am or so. It's good to be lazy on the weekends, especially around sleeping. But even with it being a lazy Saturday, I still got a good amount done.

Sue and I were a hit with our "Industrial Accident Couple" get up for the Halloween party we went to. It was one end of a prop bolt going through my forehead, and the other end coming out of her's. Sue's idea, and quite funny! I think next year I'm going to start working on a Londo costume during the summer...

Funny thing with the party. I thought it started at 8pm, but Sue actually looked at the invite around 5pm, and she noticed that it started at 5:30pm. Even so, we were one of the first people there, so life is good.

I just finished up some demo recording of the song I've been working on. I've given it a tentative title of ""So In Love (with your presence)," although that might change. I did a completely new demo version, starting with recording the bass part to a click track, then I did vocals. I wanted to start some ideas for the accompaniment (I think that's spelled wrong, but I don't care right now), so I loaded up a midi keyboard, and just put down chords of an electric piano on the beats, and it actually sounded quite good. I'll have to listen to it again in the cold light of day, to see if it's just the late night talking to me right now.

I also did a vocal recording of a repeatitive bass line that's been going through my head. It's simple, but it has a groove to it, so I wanted to get it on "tape" so that I wouldn't forget it. Tomorrow I may try playing along to the vocal track on bass, so I can start working on other pieces of it.

And, I've continued my burning of CD's onto my computer, so I can enjoy Radio Mike Lord whenever I choose. I'm a bit more than halfway through right now, and I'll be glad when I'm done with the majority of the music.

I finished the Krakatoa book today. Quite good, although I would have liked more photos in it. There was a lot of description of the Modern Krakatoa, and a better map showing the old and new layout together would have been helpful. I'm sure if I do a bit of searching on the interweb I can find something very easily, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Now, I have to decide what book to start next. I have a few on deck, including a new biography of Neil Armstrong, and the new novel by Kim Stanley Robinson. Neil Gaiman's new one is also on my shelf, along with the book Binge, that I'm indexed in. I may read Binge, to get it out of the way, since I've borrowed the book from the director of my office.

Tomorrow, my plan is to clean up around the apartment, do some genealogy updating, get gas for my car (since on Sunday's some of the stations knock 5 cents off the price of a gallon), and enjoy the extra hour of sleep. I also have to call a few friends to chat, I haven't done that in awhile.

Cheers! Get some rest!

No comments: