29 January 2006

Ach!

Okay, before you read this blog, read the one below it...

Have you read it yet?

I realize I didn't mention the issue with my presentation in Friday's blog. Here it is. The conference has put my Sociobiology presentation at 9:45am on the closing day of the conference. Unfortunately, my flight is at 11am or so. Therefore, I can't really do the presentation without missing my flight, and the cost to change the reservation would be over $300, and I can't make my work pay for that.

So, I've put in a request to have my presentation at a different time, but I have not heard yet if it's going to be changed at all...

Uh oh, I just realized maybe I did talk about this, in a blog before Friday's. I didn't check back that far when I went to look before. Ah well, repetition never hurt, at least with one of my stories...

I would like to still do the presentation, but if it has to stay on Wednesday, I'll have to pull out... And the other thing is, I don't know how many people actually go to presentations on Wednesday. Not that attendance is everything, but I would like people to actually attend the program if I'm going to put the work into it.

If nothing else, the work now can get me ready to do it again for next year, should I choose to resubmit it.

NP: Jeff Buckley, Lover You Should Have Come Over - July/Aug 1993

No comments: