02 February 2006

Stuff

First, a victory for the good guys. Want to read something fun? Go to:

Logic and reason finally prevail!

Yes, it's long, but go to page 136 and read the conclusion. Great stuff...

Now, on another subject, I bet you've been wondering, What Has Mike Been Doing With His Genealogy Recently? Well, wonder no more!

Just in the past few weeks, I've discovered some Canadian records of Boomer Partridge, a great-great-granduncle, sent away for Irish birth/marriage/death records, sent away for some Polish birth records, sent letters to cemeteries in New Jersey, requested a death record from New York, and discovered some wills of old dead Scottish relatives.

Not a bad bit of work to kick off the new year. Some other goals for this year include:
  • William Nixon was my great-grandmother's half brother. I know he had at least one child, Virginia, who lived into adulthood. I'd like to find her or her relatives.
  • I'd like to dig around in some Polish records from the towns of Zaborow, Niebylec, and Glinik. I can get the Zaborow records from the Mormon Family History Centers, and perhaps even the other ones...
  • I'd like to make some breakthroughs on the Lord line. Right now, it ends with Robert Lord, my G4-Grandfather. I know he had a son, John Lord, who's my G3-GF, but that's it. I don't even know who Robert's wife was.
  • I'd like to contact some more close living relatives, to learn about what photos they may have buried in basements, or hiding in attics.
  • One thing I've wanted to do is send some letters to addresses in NJ, where my relatives used to live. Who knows, maybe there's some boxes marked "Lord" in an attic in Kearny, NJ, that someone doesn't want to throw away, that hold some rare items... I know, a distant hope, but genealogy is all about hope.
  • The ScotlandsPeople website will be releasing the 1851 and 1841 Scotland Census records soon, hopefully by March. It'll be interesting to see what comes of those...

I think that's a pretty good list for now. Ask me in the future how I'm doing...

NP: Robert Fripp, Green Park Suite: Polychromatic Park - 21 Nov 1996

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The New Yorker magazine had a fascinating in-depth article on this case about a month ago for those who are interested.