19 January 2006

The Office


To give you all a sense of where I work, here are two photos of my office. This first one was taken while I sat in my chair, looking at my computer, a new Dell laptop that I just got (for work, not home) in mid December.

This next one is looking at what's on my wall. Exciting stuff...


I should have taken one from the doorway, so you could see the whole glorious spread, but alas, I didn't think of it. I will take one in the future, for your edification.

Some more about my office: I have no window to the outside world, but I do have a good amount of bookshelves. That's always a good thing.

Today was a good general day, with solid work getting done, and relaxing at home. I've actually been flying solo tonight, as Sue went out with a friend after work, although she did pop in for a bit before going out. I've been cleaning up a bit, doing some genealogy work (sending off some vital record requests to Ireland), listening to music, shooting off some e-mail, and exercising.

I've also weeded out some more CD's to sell on e-bay from my collection. I don't really need the 4 Adam Sandler CD's I have. They're not bad, but I'm never going to listen to them all the way through again. So, off they go. I'll list them, and some other stuff, this weekend. I may even go to some of the used CD places around here to see if there's anything worth buying for the purpose of selling online. It's a nice supplement to my regular income.

Tomorrow's a pretty straightforward work day, and then the weekend. As normal, I'm looking forward to sleeping late. Sue and I may go out to eat or something, who knows, we'll play it by ear.

We were invited to a housewarming party in Boston/Arlington in February, but unfortunately we can't go, as it's Winter Carnival weekend up here, and I have to be around to work and do my Res Life duties at that time. I'll miss the party, but we'll get down there at some point soon again...

NP: John Cale, Caravan (from Hobosapiens)

No comments: