21 January 2006

Organizing

I love organizing things. When I was a kid, with my Star Wars trading cards, I would love putting them in order, making neat piles, and just being anal about these things. Sometimes I would mess them up, just so I could reorganize them.

I also collected coins and stamps, which played into the organizational fetish. Nowadays, I like to keep all my CD's in alphabetical order by artist, and then by year of release within artist. I say it's because then I can tell what's missing if I lend something out, but I think it's really because I like to organize things.

MP3's have been a fun thing to organize now. For any live songs, I put the title in this format:

"Sound Chaser - 11 Dec 1976"

I spent part of tonight going through my live CD's that I put on my computer, updating the songs that had accurate dates to them. I am debating about putting just the year for some songs, if the album doesn't have the exact date of recording on it, but I think that might be cheating. However, I don't like the idea of some live songs not having the proper date after them, even if it is just the year...

Sick, I know.

This weekend, my main "work" goal is to get an outline prepared for one of my upcoming ACPA presentations. My inherent lazyness makes me want to procrastinate, but my dislike of doing things at the last minute should keep the inertia in check. I'll report at the end of the weekend how I did. Sue has some committments tomorrow night, perhaps I'll do it then...

No other really big plans for the weekend. Sleeping late is always on the agenda, and I'm reading the 2nd Harry Potter book now. It's fun, light reading. I'm actually looking forward to reading the books in the series that I haven't seen the movies for yet, since they haven't been made.

NP: Yes, Close to the Edge - 29 July 2000

No comments: