18 January 2006

Writing again!

Here I am, saying that I wanted to not skip days of writing, and I haven't written since the 13th... Okay, so life sometimes gets in the way. Here's exciting stuff that's happened since the last time I wrote...

  • One of my co-workers had a birthday yesterday, so some of us went out and spent a few hours at a local restaraunt/bar. Quite good.
  • Finished reading "On Human Nature," by E. O. Wilson, a book I needed to read for a presentation I'm doing at the ACPA conference in Indianapolis in March. I got lots of good ideas for the conference, so more to come about that soon...
  • I sent off letters to a bunch of cemeteries, looking for burial records of distant relatives. I hope to get some good information from those places over the next few weeks. If I learn anything interesting, I'll let you know.
  • I sent a request off to a Civil Records office in Poland, to get the birth record of one of my great-grandmothers and a few of her siblings. That will be sent home to NJ, to my mom's place, assuming they respond.
  • Sue got a gift certificate to Molly's, a local restaraunt, so we'll be going there sometime soon.
  • Sue and I watched some of the old Muppet Show DVD's I got her for Christmas, they're great shows.
  • My cough is almost gone. I still hack up some stuff periodically, but not often.
  • I sent off e-cards to two friends, Kim and Tony, for their respective birthdays. I always forget Kim's, because she's relatively soon after the holidays, and it's easy to forget about those birthdays. I think I'll do a better job each year, and then I don't...
  • With the extra payments I've made to my student loans over the past three months, I've reduced those payments from $305/month to $260/month. I'm going to continue throwning extra money at them, to pay them off faster.

That's the major stuff over the past few days. I could talk about the weather, but is there anything more boring than that? More to come in the near future. Tomorrow, I should be able to post some more photos, for those of you who are visually inclined...

NP: Harry Shearer, The Last Kuwaiti Woman Held Hostage

No comments: