22 January 2006

Semi-Lazy Sunday

Today was one of those days where I feel like I actually got stuff done, but it didn't really feel like work much at all. I did, in fact, go though the "On Human Nature" book in preparation for my March presentation, like I said I would back on Friday night. I have 4 pages of notes, which I feel is a good starting point for the talk.

I ordered two books on Amazon that will supplement my research so far. More on those books once I get them.

I have also returned to the world of E-Bay, listing 22 items today. I like to list them all at once, and then I can just relist the ones that don't sell right off in the coming weeks. I did go out to a local used CD store today, to look for new inventory, but I realized that I need to do more research on E-Bay itself t0 see what is selling. Also, I'm not terribly happy with how the Newbury Comics up here puts their used stuff all in with the new stuff. It's not a great organizational system, for me at least.

I also, while I was out, just felt like I wanted to get back here. No big reason, I mainly just didn't feel like being out anymore. A bit weird, but it's one of those things I didn't really fight against. Go with the flow, that's my general nature in certain situations.

I am now reading the 3rd Harry Potter book. They're enjoyable reads, I think the 2nd was a good story, but I think I enjoyed the 1st one a bit more. I'm only about 50 pages into the 3rd one now, I'll let you all know how it is as it goes on. This is a busy week for evening stuff coming up, so I don't know how much I'll get to read, but I'll do what I can.

I actually received a brief e-mail from an old grad school friend earlier this week, in response to a group e-mail I sent out about conferences coming up. I'll have to write her back, to see how life is treating her. If I get a response to that one, it'll be cool.

NP: The Who, The Seeker - 13 Apr 1970

No comments: