25 February 2006

New Song!

I've got a new song up on my website, it's called "Answers Without Questions." Joe J. thinks I've listened to too much Yes and Moody Blues. You be the judge.

The song is based around a bass riff I've had since about 1994. About 2 weeks ago, I finally decided I needed to do something with it (I'm a fast worker). I wrote a chorus bass part, and then started working on the arrangement for other instruments. I decided on a Police-esque guitar for the verses, and a screaming rough tone for the choruses. The middle eight is just me rambling on a keyboard solo. Fun stuff. Oh, there's also a rhythmic keyboard part throughout the verses, that gives it a bouncy feel along with the guitar part.

There's some timing issues in the song, but hey, it's only a demo. I'm not looking for perfection here.

Now, because I've got this done, I'm going to start converting the old tapes of the Mike/JP/Joe project from back in 1994. It'll be the last old audio archiving I have to do for any time in the forseeable future, save should some other tapes come into my hands.

I've promised some photos the past few times I've posted, so here you go. On Thursday morning, some of us from ORL went on a tour of the new residence halls being built here at Dartmouth. Here's a photo of one of the rooms:


That's Meg in the cool hard hat and goggles, by the closets in one of the rooms.









Here's an unfinished ceiling from one of the lounges.

And now, for something completely different, a sign of great importance...

I hope they had fun up there...

And now, back to construction...



Here's a photo of Angela, one of the other CD's, with big construction stuff in the background...

So, I hope that satisfies your hunger for photos, but I know it won't. You're a beast, blog readers, who are never satiated with just a photo or two. You always want more! MORE!

Talked with Joe J. today on the phone, and our conversation went to me as an old man, once I get my band together, yelling at musicians because they're not playing my music right. "That's a dimished 7th, you twit, not an augmented 3rd!" Pesants!

Well, it was funny on the phone...

NP: Frank Zappa; King Kong

No comments: