26 February 2006

Tapes!

Tonight, I may actually start converting the audio tapes I have of the Joe J./Mike L./John S. project from 1994 over to MP3's. Or, at the least, I'll get set up to do it. There's a lot of good improv music on those tapes, that perhaps I'll try to turn into something a bit more arranged... We shall see.

My friend Lou has a blog now too. Not much on it yet, but knowing Lou, there will be interesting stuff up there, even if it's just ramblings...

Today, I finished the latest book by Richard Dawkins I bought, called "The Blind Watchmaker," all about evolution and other science-y type stuff. As a frustrated scientist myself, it's always interesting to read about what smart people are doing with their time. I hope some of the smartness rubs off on me...

Now, I'm reading the 4th volume of Joe Straczynski's Babylon 5 script books. Sometime soon, I'm going to have to revisit watching the entire series. And, I haven't mentioned it on here recently, but Andreas Katsulas, who played G'Kar on the show, recently died of lung cancer. I'll have to pull out some episodes specifically to watch him, perhaps "The Long Twilight Struggle," or "Dust to Dust," although there are plenty more with great G'Kar moments in them.

NP: John Lennon; Woman (Home Recording)

No comments: