04 June 2006

Hampshire!

Okay, I'm back in NH now. I arrived back from NJ yesterday (Saturday) at about 3pm, after having breakfast with my dad and stepmother at a nice little diner in the old hometown.

How did the interview go? It went well, from my point of view, although there may be salary issues that could be unresolvable, if an offer gets made to me. We'll see how it goes, if anything develops, I'll let you know.

It was good to be at home in NJ. I got to sit on my mom's roof deck and look at the ocean the first day I was there, and that evening (Thursday), watched some distant lightning to the north, also from the roof. Very cool...

Today, Sue and I went to go see the new X-Men movie. Sue's always liked the series more than I have (hello, Hugh Jackman!), but I don't actively dislike the movies. However, there was no real emotional resonance for me with the events in this film, although there should have been, as the movie was trying to press all my buttons. Ah well, there's plenty of other good movies out there to spend time on in the future...

On the way back here yesterday, I heard a bit of an opera by Beethoven on one of the NPR stations I listen to, I believe it was called Fidelius. I'm going to have to pick up a copy of it, as the bit that I heard was quite amazing...

NP: Keith Jarrett - John's Abbey

No comments: