25 June 2006

Test!

So, in cleaning out stuff for the move, you never know what you'll find. Here's a photo of one of my archeological nuggets...

This was something I had on my white board outside of my Freshman year room out at Boston College. The Steve in question, nicknamed "Slammer," for appropriate reasons, was a bit, shall we say, tense. VERY tense. So, when I stumbled upon this survey for stress (that's what the little print is on the paper taped to the white board), I made it into the Steve Test.

And, I have kept it for 17 years.

But now, it's in the trash outside of our apartment. All good things must come to an end...

In other news (but not really), packing continues apace. We're doing quite well, especially with having about 10 days before the movers come. Sue and I used some of those SPACE BAGS, where you vacuum out the air from a bag, in order to condense the stuff inside. It works a charm with pillows, blankets, and other poofy cloth. Sheets are a bit less condensable, mainly because they're already pretty flat.

We did take some time in the afternoon today to get some ice cream from Ben & Jerry's. Sue had some coupons, so not only was it a good break, but it was cheaper than it normally would be. I got a Cherry Garcia shake, and Sue got some sort of uber-Chocolate ice cream. I can't remember the name.

I'm about 100 pages out from finishing the Truman Capote book "In Cold Blood." I was inspired to read it after seeing the film "Capote." I really enjoyed the movie, but I'm seeing that perhaps the movie was a bit fictionalized in it's storytelling. It got all the major parts of the novel right, but the film mixed a bit of things up (notably the confession of the two murderers) in order to make the film a bit more dramatic.

Definitely a recommended read.

NP: Chris Cornell - Follow My Way

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The Archivist threw something away?! STOP THE PRESSES!

In any case, less the 20 people in the world could get the humor of that gag and less than 3 of those care.

cabinboy said...

Randomish Q...

Any idea where that stress test came from? I wonder if a DI@NETICS salesman left it w one of your dorm neighbors...?

The semi-decent weather has got the stress testers out in force again here in Bostonia. I saw them set up in Harvard Square and the Common in the last week. Stress testers, of course = Scient0logists on the recruiting make.

Something c@n be done about it.

Yeah, you can pay us to tell you you're not responsible for it.

Isn't that called consulting?

Bleah.

Louie said...

If you threw it out, how does one know if he or is not Steve?

zorknapp said...

For Brian/Cabinboy: I believe the test was from something given to us by Boston College's health service, not the Scientology people.

And Lou, if you want the more detailed photo, I can send it off to you... :) You can read the items in that photo, when it's not shrunk for blog purposes...