29 November 2006

Day!

Today was one of those general "good days" I hear so much about...

Work was generally a positive experience. I met with some students about minor issues, which was fairly straightforward, I did some good work in getting our RA selection process ready for next semester (January-February timeframe), had some good work related conversations, and in general, accomplished what I wanted to do.

And, it's Wednesday already! Only two more days of work until the weekend. I'm not quite sure what's on our agenda yet. Possibly trying out some new restaurants, maybe I'll do some genealogy stuff, and I may have to go on my own to start my Christmas shopping in force. I'd go with Sue, but I may be getting her stuff, and having her around for that generally isn't a good idea if we're going for "surprise." And, we'll probably hit the movies at some point.

One thing that I've realized about myself (I don't know if this is a new realization, or a repeat of an old one), is that I really am a creature of routine. I tend to always blog after exercizing, then I check out some websites, and go to bed by midnight-ish (on weekdays). Sue and I watch the same shows after work (we do like them!) on most days, and our weekends are generally the same. Dinner, movies, finding something to do out of the apartment. Granted, what we do tends to change, but the general pattern is the same.

And, I generally like that. I do like to mix it up a bit, but I also don't go in for a lot of advance planning either. Maybe I should change that... Who knows....

Sue and I may go searching for a particular pancake house this weekend, about half an hour from her. Sue found it on the web, once I get the link, I'll post it up here.

NP: David Bowie - Look Back in Anger (1988 version)

1 comment:

cabinboy said...

OOooo... a Quest for Pancakes! Always a good choice of adventure. =)

I think it was the weekend before turkey day, I was in Harvard Square and walked by the new IHOP... it's open! Not a lot of fanfare, apparently. The timing didn't work out for me to be feeling up for some IHOP fare (it wasn't after 1am =), but I am looking forward to exercising the option after a late or midnight movie in the Square.

Movies-wise, saw BABEL on the weekend. Definitely not happiness, but well-done misery, in line with AMORE and GRAMS, but even starker. I've been meaning to write about it, but haven't hunkered down.