27 November 2006

Dream!

I had an odd dream last night.

I was on the storage sets/offices for the old show "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.," which aired on Fox back in 1993-1994. Of course, it starred Bruce Campbell, actor extrodinare. I was walking around, and I ran into Joe Straczynski, the creator of Babylon 5, another great TV show from the mid-90's, who, in my dream, was one of the writers on Brisco (he wasn't writing for the show in real life).

I was wandering around, because I might have been a writer on the show, but there was some material on the wall about what the second season of Brisco would have been about. I had to get that info to someone, but I don't know who.

Straczynski wasn't a big part of the dream, he was more like an overseer of the office. I thought it was strange that Brisco still had an extant office, as the show hadn't been produced for 13 years, but Straczynski said that was normal (it's not).

I was outside for a bit of time in the dream, but I forget why. There's more that I'm not remembering (isn't there always?), but that's the basic jist of the story. I did sleep very well last night, maybe that caused my memory of the dream to last a bit longer than normal.

In other news, what am I reading right now? It's called "The God Delusion," by Richard Dawkins. It examines religion from a scientific/Darwinistic viewpoint, and is an interesting read. Dawkins is a great writer, and always entertaining, even if I wouldn't necessarily phrase some of what he writes in the same way. He is direct, that's for sure. I recommend the book for all thinking people.

NP: Adrian Belew - Tango Zebra

2 comments:

cabinboy said...

What a FREAK!
...
... but, since you've already gone and done the freaky out-of-body or astral or whatever legwork, I have to ask—what WAS the second season going to be about?

zorknapp said...

I really couldn't read the board in my dream, that was one of the frustrations in it. However, on the DVD set I have, the writers talk about loose plans for the 2nd season, where Brisco would have most likely become a sheriff in a small town. I wasn't sure how much of the SF area of the show would have continued, especially since the Bly-Orb threads were wrapped up about 3/4 of the way through the first season. Maybe a bigger arc would have been developed, or our always hoped for X-Files/time travel episode would have happened...