01 January 2007

Day!

Ah, the first day of the new year. And a fine day it was, hanging around indoors all day, as it was foggy and rainy outside, looking very unappealing to those of the dry persuasion.

So, I read. I finished off the "World War Z" book mentioned two blog posts ago, and a fine read it was. I had been reading a few pages here and there, but being able to sit for a few hours today allowed me to polish it off in no time. I recommend it highly, a good read to enliven the human spirit, and get some good zombie stuff in there at the same time.

Sue was on the phone with a mutual friend for a good portion of the day, so that kept her busy, connecting with people. The new year is a good time to reconnect, I think. Of course, the reconnection should be mutual, so that it's not just a one sided conversation. Fortunately, the people I/we're in contact with are pretty good about keeping up communication.

And, of course, tomorrow is back to work. It's a shorter week, just 4 days since we were off today, but alas, it's still work. It's not that bad though. I enjoy my job, but I also enjoy being at home and getting paid, so there's a dilemma...

NP: Richard Lewis - Dates from Hell

No comments: