12 January 2007

Training!

I've been a bit silent this week, I've been very busy with RA Training, and will actually be working through this weekend also, so this is one of the first spare moments I've had where I've felt like sitting down and writing a blog. No idea how long this one will be, but at least I'm here.

We started RA Training on Thursday, and it will conclude on Sunday. Monday, the residence halls open for students to move back for the start of classes on Tuesday. So yes, this means that I'll have to be working on MLK day. I believe that next year, the college calendar will be adjusted so that this won't be an issue. So, I think I'll get a comp day sometime this coming week. If it's up to me, I'd take off on Friday, the 19th. That way, I still get a nice three day weekend. I'll discuss that with my boss when I get a chance...

In the meantime, a benefit of the holiday I still get is that my paycheck has been deposited in my bank account already. Yay, I get to pay bills!

I think I'll try to e-mail some of my friends whose Christmas cards I got returned in the mail due to incorrect addresses. If the e-mail bounces back, I'll track them down somehow...

Right now, one of the songs from the band I was in during High School is playing on my computer. Our drummer (John Rogers, where are you!) was quite good, as was the guitarist. I think I was the weak instrumental link in the trio, but we did have fun anyway.

I'm a bit tired now, so I don't have much more to write at the moment. I'll see about contributing a more substantial blog tomorrow or Sunday...

NP: King Crimson - Elephant Talk

1 comment: