23 January 2008

Adventures in Printing

Today, during work, I got to travel down to Staples to get some color flyers printed up for our Resident Assistant application process at work. It's always fun to be able to get out of the office for awhile in the middle of the day. I took the opportunity while there to check out some laptop computers, as I want to get a new one in the next few months.

There are definitely some good PCs in the $800-$1200 range, which is what I'm looking for, generally. I'll need to chat with some computer friends to determine what options are the best, with what I want to do.

Generally, this laptop will be for web updating, genealogy research, and general MS-Word writing, etc. Nothing too fancy. But, the good thing is that I'll be able to clean off the decktop computer I have, and return it to being mainly for writing and recording music. I didn't want it to, but this one basically has turned into our all purpose computer. I didn't really want that to happen, but the present laptop we have is just too slow and old for modern purposes.

Isn't that sad?

NP: Puccini - Tosca in Barcelona

1 comment:

Louie said...

I've been planning on getting a laptop too. There's an HP Special Edition 14.1 inch widescreen at Circuit City that's on sale this week for $850. I've been pricing them around and that's the best deal I've found for what it's got (3GB memory 250GB HD, wireless N and bluetooth). Just a thought. (I want the 14 inch for easier portability.)