06 October 2005

Watch the Skies...

Yesterday evening, Joe Johnston and myself did our "So What's The Deal With Alien Abduction" presentation over in another residence hall on Dartmouth's campus, where I work. In fact, it was in the cluster I used to oversee, back in the 2001-2003 time frame.

We had an audience of about 25 students, and Joe and I regaled them for a little over an hour about the "history" of alien interaction, mainly during the 20th century. The students seemed interested, although there were less questions than I thought there would be.

Joe and I also determined that if we're ever to do this again, we're going to try to cut our blather down to about 30-40 minutes, in order to give more time for questions at the end. We both thought that while people were interested in the topic, members of the audience probably just felt beat down by the end of the talk.

All in all, it was a fun way to spend an evening. Joe and I afterwards watched some Babylon 5 commentaries from the 5th season of the show, which since they were sans Jerry Doyle, were actually filled with content and merryment.

We also have an idea to record our own commentaries on B5, which we can do with Joe's home audio recording set up. I'm sure we'll do this over time, it should be fun...

I am now sleepy, so it's off to bed for me. But first, notice the new link at the top of the right hand column of links. I have finally created a personal website! It's very basic right now, but watch for actual content as time goes on...

NP: Silence

No comments: