15 November 2005

I'm Ready For My Close-Up....

This Thursday, I get to do another Alien Talk. Joe J. won't be able to visit this time, so I'll be flying solo. That's cool though, I've done the talk before on my own, it's fun either way.

I've sent Joe some edits to make to the slide show, in order to tighten up the narrative. I actually just now thought to ask him to make a page of nothing but photos. That might get some interest from the audience, if it's possible. If not for this presentation, then maybe for something upcoming in the future.

I'm actually reading a book now called "Watch the Skies," by Curtis Peebles, a skeptic's look at the UFO phenomenon of the past 60 years. It was published in the mid-90's, and I picked it up for two bucks at the Dartmouth Bookstore, as a used purchase. It's not a bad book so far, if perhaps a bit dry. And the author keeps refering to himself as "this researcher," which annoys me.

I'm sorry, I just had to stop writing there as a Shaggs song came up on my mp3 player. They make my brain hurt.

While at home in NJ, I finished reading two books, "Fifty Degrees Below" by Kim Stanley Robinson, and "The Truth (with Jokes)" by Al Franken. Both were entertaining reads. The Robinson book is the middle book of a planned trilogy, and I'm assuming that the third book will be out next year at some point. It's a series about scientists working in the context of goverment and a global warming/ice age crisis. Think "The Day After Tomorrow," done by someone who has a brain in their head.

The Franken book was entertaining as always, but not as laugh out loud funny as his previous work has been. I didn't mind the slightly more serious tone, as it fit well with the material, which was focusing on the antics, mistakes, and possible crimes of our Fearless Leaders. I recommend the book highly whatever your political stripe may be.

NP: Robbie Robertson, American Roulette

No comments: