17 November 2005

Aliens Amongst We

The alien talk is done, and I think it went well for a smallish audience of about 10-12 people. The new arrangement of slides, further edited by Joe from my culling, worked well, and the presentation was a tight 50 minutes. Some questions from the audience, mainly of the "What do you *really* think aliens abductions or UFO's are," variety were asked. Good participation though.

And my answer to the above question is that I think there's something else going on in these people's lives, that they'd rather believe are aliens probing them repeatedly than whatever is really happening. Just my thoughts, no real evidence for this, other than common sense.

I really did take the skeptic role in this presentation. One good thing about doing this in the past with Joe is that I think that his approach may get more people in the audience to be willing to put their own odd ideas out there. I was less interested in asking questions of the audience today, and more interested in seeing how the presentation would flow with the new slides. So, we'll see how it goes the next time, perhaps with an actual written questionairre that people can hand in at the end of the talk.

That's it for now...

NP: The Bears, When She Moves

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WANT TO BELEIVE. UR RESURCH IS FAWLED! BEECHES!